The chief counsel’s office for the Internal Revenue Service, headed by a political appointee of President Obama, helped develop the agency’s problematic guidelines for reviewing “tea party” cases, according to a top IRS attorney. In interviews with congressional investigators, IRS lawyer Carter Hull said his superiors told him that the chief counsel’s office, led by William Wilkins, would need to review some of the first applications the agency screened for...
In response to:
Liberalism 101 Lesson 114: Statist/Socialist/Progressives see the constitution of the United States as what we call a “living, breathing document”. This is a cover we use for molding and shaping the constitution for our own ends for as we all know it was written by dead white slave owners over 200 years ago and none of it applies to the modern nirvana that Liberal/Progressive/Socialists seek to create to improve the lives of all Amerikans. It is for the purpose of expanding the power and reach of the federal leviathan that Liberal/Marxist/Progressives seek to populate the Supreme Court and all of its lower federal court system with as many of our fellow travelers as we can so that they can find whatever Liberal/Progressive/Socialists need to negate the constitution emanating from its penumbra.
Last week we learned that one of two Obama political appointees in the IRS helped come up with the criteria and methods of targeting conservative groups. As a reminder:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago