Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 29 minutes ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago