Remember how the president's "major address" this afternoon was supposed to contain a significant "reframing" of his economic message heading into November? White House officials hyped this speech as a meaningful shift in rhetoric and approach, even as they conceded the president's comments would contain no new ideas. They were correct on the latter point, but astonishingly, the president didn't even follow through on the former pledge -- which was ostensibly the entire purpose of the speech. Obama essentially repackaged the exact same speech he delivered in April, but inserted the names "Romney" and "Bush" a few more times. ...
Liberalism 101 Lesson 96: As liberalism 101 lesson 17 states in part: “…By any means necessary means by ANY means.” This phrase “by any means necessary” is designed to give cover to Liberal/Progressive/Socialists in reaching their intended goals, not only can it be deployed to provide ambiguity to the inherent dishonesty required to bluff our way past the under educated peasant rube obstructionists but (of course) any other means which may come to mind as well, the key word being “any”. This leaves opened a door in which we as Liberal/Progressive/Socialists can justify whatever our fertile imaginations can conjure. Murder, theft, larceny, fraud, even muffling free speech “rights”, whatever, it’s all good when you are endeavoring...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago