I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Heres a fact. Voting for anyone who supports theft (income tax) or the enslavement of children (debt), is morally wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago