Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 13 hours ago