Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago