Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
Yeah, Democrats were the engine. But we should never forget that they couldn't do their deeds without support of supposedly "conservative" Republicans.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago