Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
Definitely DeMint. Look at his voting record. I want Boehner and McConnell out of there with the rest of the elite career pols who are just as bad as the liberals. All full of "chicken". More "true" fiscal conservatives, please!
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 2 hours ago