March Madness tips off tonight, and to my knowledge, President Obama has yet to share his 2013 projections with an anxious nation. If our Commander-in-Chief doesn't release his picks before the play-in games begin -- let alone in an ESPN televised special, as in previous years -- it will be the first time in his presidency that he's missed the deadline. His respect for budgetary deadlines, by contrast, has been consistently elastic. Since 1921, every president has been required by law to submit his plan for funding the the federal government no later than the first Monday in February....
Last year (2012) Obama made the absurd prediciton that North Carolina would win the NCAA men's tournament, despite the obvious superiority of Kentucky. Kentucky was the easiest championship pick since UNLV in 1990. Of course, Obama thought he needed to win North Carolina in order to win the White House. Heck, even THAT turned out not to be true. As Romney correctly pointed out, Obama doesn't pick winners and losers... he just picks losers.
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago