March Madness tips off tonight, and to my knowledge, President Obama has yet to share his 2013 projections with an anxious nation. If our Commander-in-Chief doesn't release his picks before the play-in games begin -- let alone in an ESPN televised special, as in previous years -- it will be the first time in his presidency that he's missed the deadline. His respect for budgetary deadlines, by contrast, has been consistently elastic. Since 1921, every president has been required by law to submit his plan for funding the the federal government no later than the first Monday in February....
Last year (2012) Obama made the absurd prediciton that North Carolina would win the NCAA men's tournament, despite the obvious superiority of Kentucky. Kentucky was the easiest championship pick since UNLV in 1990. Of course, Obama thought he needed to win North Carolina in order to win the White House. Heck, even THAT turned out not to be true. As Romney correctly pointed out, Obama doesn't pick winners and losers... he just picks losers.
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago