On Monday evening Mitt Romney cancelled all campaign events through today and is even holding a distaster relief event in Ohio to help those who were crushed by Hurricane Sandy last night. President Obama also cancelled campaign events and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Air Force one that this "wasn't a time for politics" and that people should focus on responding to the storm. But, Hurricane Sandy wasn't going to stop First Lady Michelle Obama from playing politics yesterday. She sent the following email to supporters in North Carolina and Virginia.
From: Michelle Obama
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago