One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
About 70% of the viewers of the debate thought that without a doubt Romney won the debate. Now, the next line the DNC comes up with is that he, Romney, was lying! That's the best they can come up with. Even when reputable sources fact checked the debate, Romney came out ahead. Next thing up, the Obummer campaign motto is, "Don't believe your lying eyes are ears."
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 4 hours ago