One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
About 70% of the viewers of the debate thought that without a doubt Romney won the debate. Now, the next line the DNC comes up with is that he, Romney, was lying! That's the best they can come up with. Even when reputable sources fact checked the debate, Romney came out ahead. Next thing up, the Obummer campaign motto is, "Don't believe your lying eyes are ears."
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago