The police were ready, however, and a fairly large contingent of Tampa's finest took to the streets, clearly prepared for a worst-case scenario.
A popular protest tactic is the act of lying down in the middle of the street. These protesters used it to, erm, great effect, I suppose. Security forces were unfazed.
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 5 hours ago