President Obama said "these cuts are not smart. They are not fair. They will hurt our economy." Speaker Boehner, writing in the Wall Street Journal, said "there's nothing wrong with cutting spending that much......
I have no doubt that politicians pocket super pac cash. However, I accord to Senator McConnell the same right of innocent until proven guilty that I would any other U.S. citizen. McConnell may, indeed, get "primaried," but he is certainly not going to lose to Hollywood trollop Ashley Judd in a blue state that detests Obutthead -- UNLESS your allegations are proven true, in which case all bets are off. I saw the Colbert piece, and all it proved was that the loophole exists, in which case such actions would be legal if unethical. McConnell is not well-liked in Kentucky and might be primaried.
Sequestration Is the Worst Option Except for All the Other Options Both Democrats and Republicans have been roundly criticizing the security and economic effects of sequestration and, at the same time, taking very little action. The only logical conclusion is that both parties agree that sequestration is an awful, terrible, harmful set of policies - except the other proposed replacements are worse.
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 12 hours ago