President Obama said "these cuts are not smart. They are not fair. They will hurt our economy." Speaker Boehner, writing in the Wall Street Journal, said "there's nothing wrong with cutting spending that much......
I have no doubt that politicians pocket super pac cash. However, I accord to Senator McConnell the same right of innocent until proven guilty that I would any other U.S. citizen. McConnell may, indeed, get "primaried," but he is certainly not going to lose to Hollywood trollop Ashley Judd in a blue state that detests Obutthead -- UNLESS your allegations are proven true, in which case all bets are off. I saw the Colbert piece, and all it proved was that the loophole exists, in which case such actions would be legal if unethical. McConnell is not well-liked in Kentucky and might be primaried.
Sequestration Is the Worst Option Except for All the Other Options Both Democrats and Republicans have been roundly criticizing the security and economic effects of sequestration and, at the same time, taking very little action. The only logical conclusion is that both parties agree that sequestration is an awful, terrible, harmful set of policies - except the other proposed replacements are worse.
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago