Chicago teachers are paid more than teachers anywhere else in America, earning around $76,000 per year before benefits (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/). Even so, they've walked out of the classroom, despite being offered a 16% pay increase (http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html) -- who else in America is getting that kind of raise in this employment market?! So much for the kids in violence-plagued Chicago who have nowhere else to go.
Showing the instincts of a leader, Romney has weighed in on behalf of the kids, parents and taxpayers of Chicago. (
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago