Chicago teachers are paid more than teachers anywhere else in America, earning around $76,000 per year before benefits (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/). Even so, they've walked out of the classroom, despite being offered a 16% pay increase (http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html) -- who else in America is getting that kind of raise in this employment market?! So much for the kids in violence-plagued Chicago who have nowhere else to go.
Showing the instincts of a leader, Romney has weighed in on behalf of the kids, parents and taxpayers of Chicago. (
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago