Chicago teachers are paid more than teachers anywhere else in America, earning around $76,000 per year before benefits (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/). Even so, they've walked out of the classroom, despite being offered a 16% pay increase (http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html) -- who else in America is getting that kind of raise in this employment market?! So much for the kids in violence-plagued Chicago who have nowhere else to go.
Showing the instincts of a leader, Romney has weighed in on behalf of the kids, parents and taxpayers of Chicago. (
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 6 hours ago