A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
the lefties convenietly forget the 25 trillion dollars wasted on the war on [poverty and other failed anti poverty programs the whiners complain about Iraq and Afghanistan but by comparison these wars pale when compared to the wasted money that was spent on the war on drugs and the war of poverty and the failed efforts to shore up the school system run by the teacher's unions Reagan was right, govt is the problem that makes everything worse
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 36 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago