A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
the lefties convenietly forget the 25 trillion dollars wasted on the war on [poverty and other failed anti poverty programs the whiners complain about Iraq and Afghanistan but by comparison these wars pale when compared to the wasted money that was spent on the war on drugs and the war of poverty and the failed efforts to shore up the school system run by the teacher's unions Reagan was right, govt is the problem that makes everything worse
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago