We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
Thank you, Rand Paul, for your showing of conviction and leadership. Oblamer would learn a thing or two from your actions! Rand Paul is a true Patriot! He, unlike other RINO Senators who were suckered again by Oblamer last night, showed that one man's conviction would trump other biases and gain respect from his colleagues! While has-beens like McCain, Graham and others were fatten for the kill by Oblamer, Paul stood guard for 13 hours to fight for what he believed in! This is the kind of man we need for President!
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago