ComabatMissionary, I find that when I am carrying I am far more conscious of my demeanor and conduct than when I am not carrying. When I'm carrying, the *last* thing I want to do is to instigate a confrontation stemming from some thoughtless act or comment on my part that might be construed as offensive by another. Being armed makes you keenly aware that you are indeed responsible for your words and actions. Perhaps not coincidentally, this heightened awareness of one's own actions in relation to others is a necessary precondition to engaged citizenship. Would that everyone (even J.74) have the opportunity to experience it.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014