"Open carry is a bad idea because visible firearms clearly deter the free expression of ideas." Since the left's idea of "free expression" typically involves unrestrained vulgarity, profanity, and ad hominem attacks, I can see as how they might have a point. Perhaps they'd do well to contemplate Heinlein's famous dictum, "An armed society is a polite society."
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago