"Open carry is a bad idea because visible firearms clearly deter the free expression of ideas." Since the left's idea of "free expression" typically involves unrestrained vulgarity, profanity, and ad hominem attacks, I can see as how they might have a point. Perhaps they'd do well to contemplate Heinlein's famous dictum, "An armed society is a polite society."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 9 hours ago