When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
I just accidently flagged the Joseph64's comment from 12:27 p.m. I did not mean to flag it. It was a finger foul-up. I apologize.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago