When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
I just accidently flagged the Joseph64's comment from 12:27 p.m. I did not mean to flag it. It was a finger foul-up. I apologize.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 34 mins ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 3 hours ago