"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The Constitution is quite clearly referring to military weapons. Shouldn't all you constitutional purists be complaining about laws that ban such weapons? Shouldn't we all be allowed to own machine guns, tanks, long-range artillery, weaponized anthrax, tactical nukes and so on? If not, why not? The Constitution was framed at a particular point in history, not brought down from the mountain engraved on tablets of stone. It was not designed to make it easy for psychos to kill kids, and if that's the effect it's having, it needs to be revisited.
On Christmas Eve, seven people were shot in the city of Chicago. The media made little mention of the shootings, since they're now routine in Chicago -- the city has seen some 500 shootings in 2012 alone. The vast majority of the shooters are black, and the vast majority of the victims are black. Many of the victims are under the age of 18: Anton Sanders, 15, shot on Jan. 20; Deshun Winfert, 15, shot on Feb. 5; Damion Rolle, 14, shot on Feb. 21; George Howard and Albert Guyton, both 15, shot on Feb. 27 and Feb. 28; the list...
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 5 hours ago