It’s been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week at the White House—and it isn’t looking like next week will be any better. You probably know about Obama’s trifecta of troubles: the Benghazi story about the attack that killed four Americans and the aftermath that falsely blamed a YouTube video that “continues to smolder on the far-right side of the dial,” the IRS targeting conservative groups for extra scrutiny while giving liberals a pass, and, the one that got the mainstream media engaged: the “broad and potentially chilling probe” conducted by the Justice Department on journalists’ phone...
I understand that before penguins jump into the water they crowd the edge, pushing until one falls in. Then they watch. If there are sharks in the water the one in the water gets eaten, Otherwise they all know it's safe to jump in. I think this is what has happened with the "legacy press". The Obama administration has, over time, alienated their members but all were afraid to disparage "The One" because they would be eaten by the sharks. Now they all see it is safe to jump into the water.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 6 hours ago