Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
A successful insurgency requires far more dynamic leaders than the milquetoasts put forward by the Republican Party. It's almost as if Republicans and demonrats are competing to be foster parents to children who have become fat and lazy. The demonrats offer free junk food, unlimited tv access, and a kiddie credit card. The mean old Republicans offer a more nutritious and limited diet, an hour a day on the treadmill, and 3 hours of homework every night. The Conservatives are appealing to the best instincts, but requires a more forceful and skillful sales pitch. The Republicans need a revolutionary action, to nurture and support a much younger and aggressive true Conservative for the Presidency such as Ted Cruz.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014