Yes, yes -- some formalities remain, but Romney effectively put this primary season to bed with five resounding victories last night. As expected, he cleaned up in Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island; he also prevailed in Delaware, where Newt Gingrich's running-on-fumes campaign was hoping to make some sort of a stand that might justify its continued existence. Romney won there by nearly 30 points, which could very well oust the former Speaker from the race. Having sewn up the GOP nod, Romney addressed a packed hall in New Hampshire and officially turned the page to the...
ChicagoBob writes: "We need ... a party without class envy as its theme." Mmm hmmm... ChicagoBob wrote: "The GOP led by well heeled big money people are not a party for the people" Any questions?
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago