Government and politicians are clueless. They have but 2 ways of controlling costs - price fixing and rationing. When things like this happen, people are surprised. This is simply a product of the political options. Want to lower costs? Then subject the entire health care system to the free market. Allow insurance companies to innovate, allow individuals to buy their own insurance, allow insurance across state lines, etc.
Along with the creepy tableaux of fictional villains terrifying sick children, the ode to Britain's socialized health care was by far the most irritating part of Friday night's Olympic opening ceremony -- produced by lefty film maker Danny Boyle.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago