In response to:
The trouble is that the true liberals and conservatives do not tell a story that illustrates the free market ideals. While the left trots out another sad sack with a run of bad luck and says that government needs to help them out of this blah blah blah situation that happened through no fault of his own. The right talks in theoreticals and technicals about the free market but it doesn't tell the story. Instead, the GOP needs to promote and highlight the "economic playmakers". Tell the story of how this "economic playmaker" built his business and hired a whole lot of these sad sacks and led them out of poverty into the middle class where now they have a house and a retirement plan. ...
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago