In response to:
The trouble is that the true liberals and conservatives do not tell a story that illustrates the free market ideals. While the left trots out another sad sack with a run of bad luck and says that government needs to help them out of this blah blah blah situation that happened through no fault of his own. The right talks in theoreticals and technicals about the free market but it doesn't tell the story. Instead, the GOP needs to promote and highlight the "economic playmakers". Tell the story of how this "economic playmaker" built his business and hired a whole lot of these sad sacks and led them out of poverty into the middle class where now they have a house and a retirement plan. ...
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago