In a 2010 paper Growth in a Time of Debt and again in a book entitled This Time is Different, Harvard economists Ken Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart presented the idea that when a country's ratio of debt to gross domestic product reaches 90% lower economic growth is on the horizon.
However, Rogoff and Reinhart made an Excel Spreadsheet Error in their work that has the economic world in a tizzy.
A new study by three researchers at the University of Massachusetts finds that Rogoff and Reinhart
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago