The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago