The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago