"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
If you're trying to imply our fledgling democracy was anywhere close to as bad as the Middle East new hellholes you are sadly ignorant of history!
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 38 mins ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago