Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dan-too many ifs. YOU laid down 3 of 'em. Corbett used 1 and inferred 1. Why don't you put YOUR kids in a private school,with lots of "GUN FREE ZONE" signs around it,and rent-a-cops that YOU'RE paying to stand around and wait for payday. I'll take 3 or 4 armed and trained Teachers over a dozen rent-a-cops any day of the week. Do you REALLY think these guys will risk their lives for kids and teachers they barely know for $10.00 an hour? Good luck with that. Our armed and trained Teachers are in this for a WHOLE different reason. Ask ANY teacher if they'd put their life on the line to protect "their kids". I KNOW they would-they proved that at Newtown,where a Teacher and the Principal charged the shooter,unarmed,and died for it.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago