Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dan-too many ifs. YOU laid down 3 of 'em. Corbett used 1 and inferred 1. Why don't you put YOUR kids in a private school,with lots of "GUN FREE ZONE" signs around it,and rent-a-cops that YOU'RE paying to stand around and wait for payday. I'll take 3 or 4 armed and trained Teachers over a dozen rent-a-cops any day of the week. Do you REALLY think these guys will risk their lives for kids and teachers they barely know for $10.00 an hour? Good luck with that. Our armed and trained Teachers are in this for a WHOLE different reason. Ask ANY teacher if they'd put their life on the line to protect "their kids". I KNOW they would-they proved that at Newtown,where a Teacher and the Principal charged the shooter,unarmed,and died for it.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago