Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dan,I don't want to try to change your mind about the absolute lunacy of Gun Control,but I personally believe EVERYONE should utilize their Second Amendment and own as many guns as they want,always carry,and if you're so seriously against that Right,We'll promise to let you fend for yourself with whatever means you can find when you get mugged,robbed or raped and killed by a Criminal with a black market gun.Please fight fair and let the criminal fire the first shot (proves it was self-defense) before you hit him with---,--? a rock? Anyway,if you don't kill him,which you won't,your survivors can file a Civil suit against him,and maybe recover enough to pay for your funeral. BUT,hey-stand by your beliefs,by all means. I'm dead sure I WILL.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 28 mins ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago