Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dan,I don't want to try to change your mind about the absolute lunacy of Gun Control,but I personally believe EVERYONE should utilize their Second Amendment and own as many guns as they want,always carry,and if you're so seriously against that Right,We'll promise to let you fend for yourself with whatever means you can find when you get mugged,robbed or raped and killed by a Criminal with a black market gun.Please fight fair and let the criminal fire the first shot (proves it was self-defense) before you hit him with---,--? a rock? Anyway,if you don't kill him,which you won't,your survivors can file a Civil suit against him,and maybe recover enough to pay for your funeral. BUT,hey-stand by your beliefs,by all means. I'm dead sure I WILL.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 7 hours ago