How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
How much less could you care? Had you said "I couldn't care less" not only would you have gotten correct the phrase you probably meant to use, but you would have definitively clarified a lower limit or floor to which your cares could not be fewer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 6 hours ago