Mike Murphy is an astute observer of...
My take on Romney is he is a very rich man,but a person would never know it, he don't rub his good fortune in anyone's face. He has worked for his money,maybe the kind of work he did was wrong in some people's eyes, but people don't get rich unless someone else looses.Buying and selling companies should actually help people, in return he and his company has made a great deal of money.(which if given the chance anyone else would do).He does love his country and his heart is in the right place..He don't hang out with the rich like some people do..His vacations are down to earth,He knows how to use money and save money, unlike some in Washington, He is the best thing going for working Americans, he knows the value of a dollar.............
We've all heard the objection that political conventions have become empty kabuki theater. The high drama of multiple ballots is dead and gone. Uncertainty about the outcome is no more. "Today," laments political guru Mike Murphy, "delegates are bound through the application of TV ad ratings points, not machine deals. They sit in the convention hall like the background actors in a TV show, milling about to the director's orders, wearing costumes and denied a single line. It seems a shabby ending to a great tradition. It's time for a mercy killing."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago