During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Our dear emperor can sign all the executive orders he wants and try to pass all the laws he wants. The issue of gun control is really simple. We will not obey. Pure and simple. This silly notion of going to court? Nah. When it comes to gun control, gun rights advocates have a Royal Flush, the emperor is holding a pair of twos.
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 19 minutes ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago