During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Our dear emperor can sign all the executive orders he wants and try to pass all the laws he wants. The issue of gun control is really simple. We will not obey. Pure and simple. This silly notion of going to court? Nah. When it comes to gun control, gun rights advocates have a Royal Flush, the emperor is holding a pair of twos.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 14 hours ago