During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Our dear emperor can sign all the executive orders he wants and try to pass all the laws he wants. The issue of gun control is really simple. We will not obey. Pure and simple. This silly notion of going to court? Nah. When it comes to gun control, gun rights advocates have a Royal Flush, the emperor is holding a pair of twos.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 5 hours ago