During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Our dear emperor can sign all the executive orders he wants and try to pass all the laws he wants. The issue of gun control is really simple. We will not obey. Pure and simple. This silly notion of going to court? Nah. When it comes to gun control, gun rights advocates have a Royal Flush, the emperor is holding a pair of twos.
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago