The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
THIS from GUY! GUY is the person who keeps vomiting the right wing talking point about "NO Budget passed in years"!!!! OMG! Yet that is a total LIE, GUY. The 2012 budget was passed on December 11, 2011. /www.districtdispatch.org/2011/12/congress-passes-fy-2012-budget/. The 2011 budget was passed on April 14, 2010 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/us/politics/15congress.html?_r=0 The 2010 budget was passed on April 3, 2009. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123870974208284245.html Seems budgets were passed and the RIGHT just keeps on telling the SAME lies. Pavlov's Bell is ringing, Perhaps that is the only WAY to control the drones. things like Romney is going to Win in a LANDSLIDE!! Seems lying is ALL the right can do.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago