The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
THIS from GUY! GUY is the person who keeps vomiting the right wing talking point about "NO Budget passed in years"!!!! OMG! Yet that is a total LIE, GUY. The 2012 budget was passed on December 11, 2011. /www.districtdispatch.org/2011/12/congress-passes-fy-2012-budget/. The 2011 budget was passed on April 14, 2010 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/us/politics/15congress.html?_r=0 The 2010 budget was passed on April 3, 2009. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123870974208284245.html Seems budgets were passed and the RIGHT just keeps on telling the SAME lies. Pavlov's Bell is ringing, Perhaps that is the only WAY to control the drones. things like Romney is going to Win in a LANDSLIDE!! Seems lying is ALL the right can do.
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 38 minutes ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago