Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
Silly cons We are not shedding jobs at the 700,000/month rate we were in 2008. unemployment is under 5% in 6 states. unemployment is under 6% in 6 states. unemployment is under 7% in 9 states. The GDP is NOW positive after the 2 years of negative growth, topping out at a record setting minus 8.9% GDP, under GW Bush. More oil being produced Domestically than in the past 10 years! More rigs drilling on US soil than ever before! Exports at an ALL TIME HIGH! trade deficit at an ALL TIME LOW! The dow up from 7500 in dec 09 and over13,600 now. Corporate profits up 76%. HOW is this a failure?
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 4 hours ago