Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
Silly cons We are not shedding jobs at the 700,000/month rate we were in 2008. unemployment is under 5% in 6 states. unemployment is under 6% in 6 states. unemployment is under 7% in 9 states. The GDP is NOW positive after the 2 years of negative growth, topping out at a record setting minus 8.9% GDP, under GW Bush. More oil being produced Domestically than in the past 10 years! More rigs drilling on US soil than ever before! Exports at an ALL TIME HIGH! trade deficit at an ALL TIME LOW! The dow up from 7500 in dec 09 and over13,600 now. Corporate profits up 76%. HOW is this a failure?
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 hours ago