Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
Silly cons We are not shedding jobs at the 700,000/month rate we were in 2008. unemployment is under 5% in 6 states. unemployment is under 6% in 6 states. unemployment is under 7% in 9 states. The GDP is NOW positive after the 2 years of negative growth, topping out at a record setting minus 8.9% GDP, under GW Bush. More oil being produced Domestically than in the past 10 years! More rigs drilling on US soil than ever before! Exports at an ALL TIME HIGH! trade deficit at an ALL TIME LOW! The dow up from 7500 in dec 09 and over13,600 now. Corporate profits up 76%. HOW is this a failure?
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 36 mins ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago