Congressional Republicans should look at their party's loss in the presidential election as liberating. They surely now understand that the strategy of soft-pedaling Obama's record and agenda doesn't work. They surely grasp that its fear of calling President Obama out on his real intentions and the disastrous consequences of his destructive policies just plays into his hands and enables the advancement...
In response to:
According to Article I, Section 8, of the U.S. Constitution, "Congress shall have Power...To borrow Money on the credit of the United States." That tells us all that we need to know about the merits of the suggestion that Congress give us its control over the debt ceiling and about those who have made this proposal. Obama is asking Congress to cede its powers to him.
We can get back to discussing GOP minority constituent recruitment soon, but in the meantime, we have a fiscal cliff issue that beckons -- the real fiscal cliff (America's imminent financial collapse), not the government shutdown molehill everyone is agonizing over.
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 12 hours ago