Congressional Republicans should look at their party's loss in the presidential election as liberating. They surely now understand that the strategy of soft-pedaling Obama's record and agenda doesn't work. They surely grasp that its fear of calling President Obama out on his real intentions and the disastrous consequences of his destructive policies just plays into his hands and enables the advancement...
In response to:
According to Article I, Section 8, of the U.S. Constitution, "Congress shall have Power...To borrow Money on the credit of the United States." That tells us all that we need to know about the merits of the suggestion that Congress give us its control over the debt ceiling and about those who have made this proposal. Obama is asking Congress to cede its powers to him.
We can get back to discussing GOP minority constituent recruitment soon, but in the meantime, we have a fiscal cliff issue that beckons -- the real fiscal cliff (America's imminent financial collapse), not the government shutdown molehill everyone is agonizing over.
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 25 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 12 hours ago