Three months ago today, President Obama woke up to the news that US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans had been murdered during a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. The president had been informed that an active attack was underway the night before -- but how actively he followed the developing raid, and what (if any) orders he issued, remains a mystery. On September 12, the president skipped his daily intelligence briefing and flew to Las Vegas for a campaign rally. This much we know. The Obama campaign eventually accused Republicans of "politicizing" the massacre...
There is a thirteenth question. If the two SEALs, at the time they were killed, were using a laser designator to light up an enemy target, as we have heard, is it obvious that they though that someone was around to drop a laser-guided weapon on that target. They would not have thought that was the case unless someone had told them that thing was overhead with a laser-guided weapon on board. Thus, either the story about the precise circumstances of the death of the two SEALS is wrong, or someone lied to them in real time about the usefulness of illuminating an enemy target, or there was an asset overhead and someone elected not to use it after the SEALS had already been told to light up the target.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago