Three months ago today, President Obama woke up to the news that US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans had been murdered during a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. The president had been informed that an active attack was underway the night before -- but how actively he followed the developing raid, and what (if any) orders he issued, remains a mystery. On September 12, the president skipped his daily intelligence briefing and flew to Las Vegas for a campaign rally. This much we know. The Obama campaign eventually accused Republicans of "politicizing" the massacre...
There is a thirteenth question. If the two SEALs, at the time they were killed, were using a laser designator to light up an enemy target, as we have heard, is it obvious that they though that someone was around to drop a laser-guided weapon on that target. They would not have thought that was the case unless someone had told them that thing was overhead with a laser-guided weapon on board. Thus, either the story about the precise circumstances of the death of the two SEALS is wrong, or someone lied to them in real time about the usefulness of illuminating an enemy target, or there was an asset overhead and someone elected not to use it after the SEALS had already been told to light up the target.
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 16 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago