“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
Someone--it may have been Churchill--quipped about the Russians that their approach is to see if they can get in through the windows or the backdoor or the chimney. If nothing else works, they will knock on the front door, politely invite themselves in, and behave! Whatever the merits of the observation at the time it was made, I believe that, as a general rule, it is ALWAYS wise to reinforce the moderate and reasonable inclinations of other nations by being able to deter and punish immoderate and unreasonable actions. That said, I am not more worried about the Russians for the moment than you are. I do not, however, believe that they are now our "friends" or that they do not merit ANY watching just because "The Cold War is over."
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago