“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
I am not worried about the DPRK as such. I would not want to see a situation, however, where our washing our hands of the area results in Japan and the ROK getting sucked into Russia's or China's sphere of influence. I am not too worried about China. On the other hand, one reason for that is that, in the event of a rumble with China, we probably could fairly readily cut them off from the rest of the world: no oil in, and no shipborne exports out. I would like to see us keep the balance that way. Are carriers the ticket for this? I am not so very sure of that. Buying gold? Hmmm... If they flush the dollar and decrease the value of the Treasuries they hold, that would be offset by an increase in the value of their gold...
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 13 hours ago