“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
I am not worried about the DPRK as such. I would not want to see a situation, however, where our washing our hands of the area results in Japan and the ROK getting sucked into Russia's or China's sphere of influence. I am not too worried about China. On the other hand, one reason for that is that, in the event of a rumble with China, we probably could fairly readily cut them off from the rest of the world: no oil in, and no shipborne exports out. I would like to see us keep the balance that way. Are carriers the ticket for this? I am not so very sure of that. Buying gold? Hmmm... If they flush the dollar and decrease the value of the Treasuries they hold, that would be offset by an increase in the value of their gold...
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago