“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
In general, I have no objections to home-basing, though I note that, in some cases, moving forces further from where they would be used could require the procurement of additional sealift or airlift. I do not believe that there is going to be any "one size fits all" calculation for this sort of thing. Of course, your comments about maintenance and so on poke at something very important: avoidance of that dread "hollow military."
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 11 hours ago