“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
In general, I have no objections to home-basing, though I note that, in some cases, moving forces further from where they would be used could require the procurement of additional sealift or airlift. I do not believe that there is going to be any "one size fits all" calculation for this sort of thing. Of course, your comments about maintenance and so on poke at something very important: avoidance of that dread "hollow military."
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 2 minutes ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago