“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
Africa? Michael Scheuer, whose name came up in yesterday's discussion, suspects that we are going to find actual vital interests challenged in Africom's area of responsibility. At the moment, I suspect that I am primarily a "navalist": any conflict with China would be primarily naval and, in the somewhat unlikely event of armed trouble with Iran, our real interest would be in keeping the Hormuz Straits open--clearly a naval thing.
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 10 hours ago