“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
Africa? Michael Scheuer, whose name came up in yesterday's discussion, suspects that we are going to find actual vital interests challenged in Africom's area of responsibility. At the moment, I suspect that I am primarily a "navalist": any conflict with China would be primarily naval and, in the somewhat unlikely event of armed trouble with Iran, our real interest would be in keeping the Hormuz Straits open--clearly a naval thing.
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 3 hours ago