“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
Korea? I am certain that we do not want to see the undesirable shift in the balance of power that would result if China absorbed all of the Western Pacific into its sphere. (This is analogous to my not wanting to see the undesirable shift that would result if Russia absorbed Europe into its sphere.) Beyond that, I am willing to be persuaded one way or the other about Korea.
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago