Brittni Nicole Colleps, 28, of Arlington, was found guilty of 16 counts of having an inappropriate relationship between a student and teacher. In Texas, this second-degree felony is punishable by two to 20 years in prison per count. Because none...
gsw: I deliberately left our Voltaire's name, since I was not sure about whether he was the origin of the saw or not. The extension from protecting speech that we do not like to protecting action that we do not like seems reasonable to me, which is why I included it. For example, I will defend someone's right to vote for Obama because I have a vested interest in being able to vote against him.
A former Texas high school teacher was convicted of multiple felonies after having sex with five 18-year-old students at her home. The conviction was a victory for the prosecution but it was a setback for the feminist movement. It was also a setback for the homosexual uncivil rights movement, which seeks unlimited authority to redefine relationships among consenting adults.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago