As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
I am amused by the obvious fact that some of our libertarian brethren have not considered the possibility that God is a libertarian! They say that either God is not good, because He does not prevent evil, or that He is no omnipotent, because He cannot prevent evil, and that He must not exist because a God Who is not omnipotent and good is a contradiction and not God at all. Consider, however, all those sanctimonious libertarians who insist that they have moral standards, but that they do not believe that they can impose them on others. Why does it hurt THEIR heads to think that perhaps God thinks somewhat the same way???
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 5 hours ago