Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Top 5 TeaBag myths to debunk. MYTH #3: Occupiers should stop protesting and just get a job. REALITY: As anybody who's looked for a job in the last few years knows, there just aren't jobs out there. That's a big part of why occupiers are protesting. In September, there were four times as many unemployed people as job openings. And for those who are lucky enough to find a job, median wages today are lower than they were a decade ago. Thank you Republican controlled Congress these past two years.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago