Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Top 5 TeaBag myths to debunk. MYTH #3: Occupiers should stop protesting and just get a job. REALITY: As anybody who's looked for a job in the last few years knows, there just aren't jobs out there. That's a big part of why occupiers are protesting. In September, there were four times as many unemployed people as job openings. And for those who are lucky enough to find a job, median wages today are lower than they were a decade ago. Thank you Republican controlled Congress these past two years.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago