Yea, though we social engineer and nation build in foreign countries, our precious George W. Bush tax cut pays for it all. I will fear no government run health care: For I already have Medicare; My bombast and rhetoric, they comfort me. We endlessly talk of small government and free market to the guileless; And all the while along, all we really want is to have redistribution of wealth, directed in our direction. Surely our teat suck on the government sow will come about at some time, and we will distract the masses attention with talk of mushroom clouds and the deceit of the Demoncrat party.
Here's the Republican 23rd Psalm; The Lord is my shephard, I crave vast amounts of consumer goods, as I am a materialist. I fear no evil for the baggers and the birthers are evil. He leadeth me to social engineering in far-away places, and nation building in foreign countries. He restoreth Big government Republicanism when the chance comes. He leadeth me to get my Republican "teat suck" when the chance arrives.
In fact, the minds of the 16th century--Erasmus, Luther, Calvin, More, among so many others-- were considerably sharper, more self-aware, more conscious of history and of learning, than those modern "thinkers" are. They were better writers, too, by a considerable margin.

Postal Reform in the Lame Duck?

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:54 PM
Here's how Republicans obfuscate their desire to sell tickets into the Kingdom of God, "The standard reason for post mortum baptism is due to relations requesting the ritual." A real Christian says, "so a relative can buy your way into Heaven with a donation to the Mormons?" These Republicans prostitute God and are a disgrace to the New Covenant that Jesus made with humanity upon his death on the cross.

Postal Reform in the Lame Duck?

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:53 PM
And now I've found out that Mitt Romney's church has baptized Anne Dunham, President Barack Hussein Obama's mother. Is this a Republican end-point, where even Heaven is up for sale?

Postal Reform in the Lame Duck?

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:53 PM
"Fury as Mormons posthumously baptise Anne Frank for 'TENTH time in more than two decades'" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104878/Fury-Mormons-posthumously-baptise-Holocaust-victim-Anne-Frank-TENTH-time-23-years.html Can I put a codicil in my will to have an appropriate payment sent to the Mormon church so that I may buy my way into heaven? Is this capitalism?

America’s Fatal Conceit

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:53 PM

America’s Fatal Conceit

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:52 PM

America’s Fatal Conceit

troglidite Wrote: Nov 25, 2012 7:52 PM
Traditional conservatives, who in saner times voted Republican, are staying home out of pure disgust with the choices the oligarchy has pre-approved for their voting pleasure. Citizens United is succeeding beyond everyone's wildest dreams. It has turned the electoral process into a three ring circus -- entirely befitting a country which has devolved into a banana republic.
"Michael Moore says 400 Americans have more wealth than half of all Americans combined," Politifact Wisconsin, March 10, 2011 http://www.moveon.org/r?r=268074&id=33208-13513811-OfAjDzx&t=7