Brush away all the rhetoric, all the vitriol, all the divisiveness from the presidential campaign. To most Americans, only one thing matters — the economy. Four years into Barack Obama’s presidency, economic growth is sputtering. Family incomes are down. Poverty is up. Business owners are reluctant to assume risk in the face of unending uncertainty. Many are holding on by their fingernails, desperate for signs of...
Obama won in 2008 because he represented himself as both a political centrist AND a cure for America's racial blight. And although there was no substance to either of these promises, too many Americans, unfortunately including John McCain, allowed them to go unchallenged, even when facts to the contrary existed in abundance. I believe that at least 10% of the American electorate in 2008 "took a flyer," or gave Obama a chance based on the hope that his campaign promises were something more than just campaign promises - words candidates say just to get elected. They now know that they were DEAD WRONG! Even if the Democrats can assume the same level of turnout this coming November 6th as they enjoyed in 2008, they WILL NOT have Hopium voters.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 10 hours ago