Brush away all the rhetoric, all the vitriol, all the divisiveness from the presidential campaign. To most Americans, only one thing matters — the economy. Four years into Barack Obama’s presidency, economic growth is sputtering. Family incomes are down. Poverty is up. Business owners are reluctant to assume risk in the face of unending uncertainty. Many are holding on by their fingernails, desperate for signs of...
Obama won in 2008 because he represented himself as both a political centrist AND a cure for America's racial blight. And although there was no substance to either of these promises, too many Americans, unfortunately including John McCain, allowed them to go unchallenged, even when facts to the contrary existed in abundance. I believe that at least 10% of the American electorate in 2008 "took a flyer," or gave Obama a chance based on the hope that his campaign promises were something more than just campaign promises - words candidates say just to get elected. They now know that they were DEAD WRONG! Even if the Democrats can assume the same level of turnout this coming November 6th as they enjoyed in 2008, they WILL NOT have Hopium voters.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago