Chicago teachers are paid more than teachers anywhere else in America, earning around $76,000 per year before benefits (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/). Even so, they've walked out of the classroom, despite being offered a 16% pay increase (http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html) -- who else in America is getting that kind of raise in this employment market?! So much for the kids in violence-plagued Chicago who have nowhere else to go.
Showing the instincts of a leader, Romney has weighed in on behalf of the kids, parents and taxpayers of Chicago. (
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014