Chicago teachers are paid more than teachers anywhere else in America, earning around $76,000 per year before benefits (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/). Even so, they've walked out of the classroom, despite being offered a 16% pay increase (http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html) -- who else in America is getting that kind of raise in this employment market?! So much for the kids in violence-plagued Chicago who have nowhere else to go.
Showing the instincts of a leader, Romney has weighed in on behalf of the kids, parents and taxpayers of Chicago. (
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 10 hours ago