As the violence in Chicago rages on, Chicago police are having to pool their resources in order to focus on the murder crisis in the Windy City, leaving other victims of violent crime practically on their own and unarmed. More from CBS Chicago:
Starting this week, Chicago police are changing their responses to 911 calls. They’ll no longer come right away to reports of things like criminal damage to property, vehicle thefts, garage burglaries, or other crimes in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, and the victim isn’t in immediate danger.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago