A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago